Headwaters is currently seeking an Deputy Director for Programs; details listed in the job description below (5/27/21). If you are interested in applying with our organization, please reach out to email@example.com for more information.
Job Title: DEPUTY DIRECTOR FOR PROGRAMS
Position Type: Part-time (48-50 weeks @ 25-30 hours/week)
Salary Range: $35,000 – $50,000, commensurate with experience
Benefits: No paid benefits
Directly responsible and reporting to the Executive Director, this senior part-time position will be responsible for supervising the administration and operation of Headwaters education and enrichment programs.
- Coordinate the administration and operations of Headwaters programs.
- Supervise the work of the individual Program Directors of Headwaters programs.
- Report to the Executive Director regarding the individual job performance of Program Directors and staff, and make recommendations as may be required regarding changes in program staff, assisting with recruiting and hiring as directed by the Executive Director.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with RCPS, and other key community partners including CCLC and Family Futures, and local foundations including PATH, NPCF and RAAC.
- Identify needs and challenges that arise in the day-to-day administration and operation of Headwaters programs, and with the approval of the Executive Director, respond in ways most likely to produce positive outcomes.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations and requirements affecting Headwaters programs.
- Ensure compliance with all Headwaters approved policies, procedures, and practices in the administration and operation of Headwaters programs.
- Support Headwaters Board committees as directed by the Executive Director.
- Provide regular support and information for the Headwaters Program Committee as directed by the Executive Director
- Provide reports to the Executive Committee and Program Committee regarding the administration and operations of programs as directed by the Executive Director.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND DUTIES:
- Oversee the implementation, supervision, and management of approved policies, procedures, and practices for Headwaters programs as directed by Executive Director.
- Meet regularly with Program Directors and staff to ensure the effective administration and operation of Headwaters programs.
- Regularly attend Program Committee meetings, especially, but not limited to when new programming and program applications are on the agenda.
- Implement and supervise evaluation reviews for the Program Committee as may be directed by the Executive Director.
- Support fundraising efforts as directed by the Executive Director to grow program resources, including writing grant proposals, ensuring compliance with all program grants, and identifying and cultivating prospective donors.
- Assume the role of temporary Acting Executive Director as directed by the Executive Committee as circumstances may require.
- Takes personal responsibility for the quality of work; achieves results with little oversight; meets deadlines, even in challenging circumstances.
- Highly motivated, hard-working and well organized.
- Mission-driven, data-focused and outcome oriented.
- Makes timely, rational, and realistic decisions based on information at hand; seeks additional information and help when needed.
- Able to react and adapt quickly to unexpected challenges; anticipates problems and provides solutions.
- Experience supervising and motivating staff to achieve specific goals.
- Experience working effectively with others in collaborative relationships.
- Particularly strong administrative, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Effective interpersonal management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work productively and collaboratively with a diverse group of people.
- Proficiency in information and word processing technology, data/record keeping systems, digital communications platforms, and web management preferred
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- College degree, appropriate for position, or equivalent work experience in related field.
- Progressively responsible experience in administration and operations management, preferably with non-profit organizations.
- Experience with Rappahannock County, RCPS, non-profit organizations in the County, preferred, but ability to forge strong relationships with county schools, organizations and other non-profits, required.
- Experience working in racially, ethnically, and socioeconomically diverse community preferred
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals directly acquainted with applicant’s recent work history and performance.
- Valid Virginia driver’s license.
- Successful clearance of applicable background checks.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Please submit a cover letter explaining your interest and experience, your resume, and two professional, recent letters of recommendation via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Place the position title and your last name in subject line. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.