Headwaters is currently seeking an Executive Assistant; details listed in the job description below (4/27/21). If you are interested in applying with our organization, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Position: Executive Assistant
Organization: Headwaters Foundation of Rappahannock County
Location: Washington, VA
Type: Part-Time, 15-20 hours per week (up to 20 hours per week allocated for initial training for first month of employment)
Salary Range: $15-18 per hour, subject to experience
About the Organization:
Founded in 1997 by a group of public-school parents to provide independent support for the public school system and to increase community involvement in education, Headwaters is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization, governed by a volunteer Board of Directors. Headwaters fulfills its mission through four major programs as well as through several annual events and targeted initiatives. Headwaters’ programs serve all of Rappahannock’s children, aiming to reach those at greatest risk.
Detailed below is the list of responsibilities to be carried out by the Executive Assistant, along with an estimation of the time expected will be allocated to each category.
Office Support (70%):
- Greet office visitors, respond to requests for information and/or forward messages to appropriate staff.
- Assist with the payment of bills and payroll as well as financial record keeping. Maintain records for bills, receipts, and payments. Bookkeeping and data entry skills desirable.
- Manage donor gifts in donor database. Acknowledge all donations and coordinate thank you letters according to communications committee policy.
- Update and ensure the accuracy of all databases/mailing lists, and maintain office files in orderly filing system.
- Assist with the preparation of Board and committee meeting materials. Record monthly Board meeting minutes and distribute draft to secretary.
- Process all incoming/outgoing mail.
- Assist in special events including planning, organizing, and record keeping.
- Manage office equipment, order supplies, maintain office appearance and coordinate cleanings.
- Other duties as assigned and necessary.
Program Support (20%)
- Assist in generating flyers, posters, postcards, brochures, etc. for programs and organization
- Oversee registration for various programs and communicate with individuals via phone, email, and physical mail as necessary
- Assist program staff and volunteers as needed
Social Media & Marketing (10%):
- Assist communication committee with Headwaters’ social media channels, email blasts, and website updates.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, be an excellent communicator.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Must also have a willingness to learn other software applications as needed. Skill in Adobe Acrobat, Quickbooks, Google Drive, Dropbox and Social Media preferred.
- Ability to keep sensitive information confidential.
- Ideal candidate is detailed-oriented, a team player, and is able to work under the direction and supervision of the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Willing to consider working additional hours as needed.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter explaining your interest and experience, your resume, and two professional references via email to email@example.com. Place the position title and your last name in subject line. No phone calls. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.